Chronic headaches and constant migraines can be highly debilitating, and chronic headache sufferers can go for years without long-term relief. They often rely on prescription medications to tame the pain, generally experiencing only limited results, only to have this happen again and again. If you find yourself suffering from chronic head pain, our doctors at BodyPro Wellness Center can provide you with natural cures for your migraines. We’ll help find your triggers, restore normal physiology, and provide you with natural solutions to help you find pain relief.
The Types and Triggers of Migraines and Headaches
To best provide you with treatment, it’s essential to understand the types and triggers often associated with headaches and migraines. The different migraine headaches often relate to their causes. They are typically diagnosed based on location, frequency, and symptoms. These types include:
- Tension Headaches: Tension headaches are headaches felt across the forehead and along the back of the head. They occur in varying frequencies, can last for hours, and are most common in adults. Tension headaches are typically caused by tension throughout the neck and scalp muscles, dehydration, too much caffeine or alcohol, and inflammation.
- Sinus Headaches: Sinus headaches typically occur throughout the nasal cavities, nose bridge, and even along the cheeks. Usually accompanied by nasal and postnasal drip, sinus migraines have varying frequency and often occur in people with allergies.
- Migraines: Migraines are a chronic form of headaches often linked to hormones, digestion, and other various causes not typically associated with headaches. Oftentimes they are the result of an imperfection in the enzyme Nitric Oxide Synthase (which is involved in dilation of blood vessels) and the causes which can affect this enzyme. For example, one of the causes of Migraine Headaches is a deficiency in the B2 Vitamin – Riboflavin – which is involved, heavily, in the metabolism of the cells of the body – and in this case, more specifically, the nerve and blood vessel cells of the body. Migraines are often accompanied by symptoms such as nausea, localized pain throughout the temples, eyes, and back of the head, along with visual disturbances such as auras.
The types of triggers that occur with migraines and headaches depend highly on the person. There are numerous triggers, and depending on the ones that affect you, migraines can last for weeks or months before relief comes. Chronic migraines, in particular, affect around 2 in 100 people and can be disabling for many. Triggers associated with migraines include stress, lack of sleep, certain foods, too much caffeine, hormones, dehydration, blood sugar imperfections and poor physical activity.
Our Treatment Options For Migraines and Headaches
Natural cures may be an option for headache and migraine sufferers who have attempted to use prescription treatment with little to no results. At BodyPro Wellness Center, our physicians specialize in alternative health treatments. We provide a thorough history and comprehensive lab testing analyzed from a functional medicine perspective in order to find your cause and migraine trigger. Treatments we provide include nutritional counseling, chiropractic care, diet tracking, and acupressure to provide our patients with the utmost care. These include treatments such as:
- Diet and Lifestyle Tracking: Our practice can provide nutritional and lifestyle guidance for those with migraines – health coaching or personalized medicine. We’ll suggest avoiding foods with high amounts of preservatives, food colorings and getting plenty of exercise and sleep.
- Nutrients (Riboflavin): Nutrient supplements such as riboflavin and feverfew can help manage and reduce the number of migraines experienced.
- Acupressure: Our physicians can also provide acupressure. This treatment works by applying pressure to specific points to control symptoms of migraines.
For more information about how we work to treat migraines and chronic headaches, we suggest scheduling an appointment with BodyPro Wellness Center today!